My new blogMar 22, 2021
Another new beginning
This is probably the 10th blogging 'platform' I've created from scratch. I have no good reason to do this other than a blog is a nice sized project to learn new things on. It has the side effect benefit of making me actually document how I did something. My memory has never been great...
Below is a list of a few of the TODO items to make this a bit more spiffy, and more importantly a few things I'd like to achieve aside from writing up a few posts to help my memory. I'll update it as I go.
Building this blog
- [ ] Add about page!
- [ ] Document how to actually build a static site builder using Next.js, etc. Despite the fact that there are lots of 'reference' implementations, youtube videos, etc, there turned out to be a few gotcha's.
- [x] Setting Up: Next.js, Tailwind, using Typescript.
- [ ] Basic Styling using tailwind - index page
- [ ] Basic Styling using tailwind - article page
- [ ] Loading articles from markdown - domonstrating
- [ ] ? Maybe - adding analytics?
- [ ] Add Comments - disqus?
- [ ] Move old blog posts to this version
- [x] Add Analytics
- [ ] Look at: https://www.npmjs.com/package/@analytics/google-analytics
- [x] Move domain names over
- [x] Deploy using CDK